Kathy’s Butternut squash black bean quesadilla!
– 4 cups of cubed butternut squash
-2 Tbs olive oil
-1 medium onion
-1 can black beans
-2 tbs of water
-1/2 tsp cumin
-1/2 tsp cayenne
-1/2 tsp oregano
– Salt and Pepper
-Burrito size tortillas (SUBSTITUTE-omelet (eggs) for tortilla for a gluten free)
– Cheese of your choice
1.Preheat oven to 400
2. Cut butternut squash into small cubes(or buy it pre- cut) toss 1 Tb of olive on the cubed squash. Then spread onto a baking sheet season with salt and pepper and place in oven for 20 minutes.
3. Slice one small onion place in pan with 1 tbs of olive oil and saute for 15 minutes. Put aside when done.
4. Get your Beans ready! Drain the liquid out of the can of black beans. Place them in a small pot with 2 tbs. of water. Season with Cumin,Cayenne pepper and oregano.
5. While that’s heating get your tortillas out and cheese of your choice. I usually go with a Mexican blend or vegan cheese tastes just as good, or you can go dairy free!
6. Take squash out of oven and now it’s go time
7. Spray skillet with nonstick spray. Place tortilla on a skillet sprinkle the cheese on half. Then top with black beans, onions and squash. Fold in half and flip once the side heating is to your liking. Repeat as many times as needed.
8. Enjoy! Serve with some fresh guacamole or salsa